POSITION TYPE: Full-time
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: Monday thru Friday/8:00 am to 5:00 pm
REPORTS TO: Controller and Assistant Controller
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities for assigned projects.
- Manage all accounting related functions for assigned projects.
- Prepare loan and/or equity draws/requests
- Approve checks prior to runs
- Maintain project checking accounts
- Review, post, initial and date contracts
- Review and record escrow proceeds and daily sales escrow closings
- Set-up budgets in the job cost/general ledger system
- Generate and review monthly financials and job cost reports for each entity/LLC
- Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to project costs/revenue
- Manage invoices, payments, and compliance for assigned projects.
- Process vendor invoices accurately and within assigned timeline.
- Process sub-contractor payments accurately and within assigned timeline.
- Collect and track compliance documents.
- Generate reports including Revenue, A/R, Contract Status, and Job Cost.
- Oversee Accounting Assistants for assigned projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, analyze, and adjust job cost and revenue budgets monthly for each project to determine accuracy, sufficiency, and profitability
- Monitor each project for loan funding sufficiency and overall cash flow
- Prepare loan funding analysis in advance of loan request to determine sufficiency of cash flow and possible additional equity requirements
- Perform other analysis on an as-needed basis
- Work with the Controller and Assistant Controller to determine and resolve ay projected funding shortfalls
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, or similar, required
- Experience in the construction industry, preferred
- 4-5 years’ experience as a project accountant, or similar.
- Proficiency in electronic accounting systems, such as Newstar
- Ability to interact with senior management and other departments
- Advanced proficiency in managing general ledgers, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Exceptional ability to prepare project budgets, financial forecasts, and tax reports.
- Extensive experience in project invoicing and billing.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in accounting.
- Excellent communication skills toward effective collaboration and customer service.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position assists in the supervision of Accounting Assistants.
A complete job description is available upon request.SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO APPLY NOW!