Land Acquisitions/Forward Planning Analyst
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: EVP-Finance/Controller and VP of Finance
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Provide a broad range of financial analysis and research to support the finance teamto evaluate potential land acquisitions
• Conduct comprehensive underwriting and due diligence procedures on prospective real estate acquisition opportunities.
• Prepare accurate financial models, projections, and analysis on prospective property acquisitions including property operational underwriting and return on investment modeling.
• Utilize or enhance existing Excel acquisition-underwriting templates and maintain other financial and analytical models
• Review, analyze, and comprehend, a variety of real estate documents.
• Assist with the preparation of investment packages.
• Utilize a variety of database and marketing tools and systems to determine land feasibility and development potential.
• Research and analyze off-market land opportunities.
• Research ownership information, prepare all initial analysis, and make all necessary contacts to initialize negotiations to purchase land.
• Scan mapping systems for vacant undeveloped land and research and review land that is underutilized and can potentially be re-zoned for residential use.
• Maintain a database of all land opportunities.
• Update and analyze basic pro-formas, budgets, and market data to determine potential and feasibility.
• Research and analyze basic sub-market demographics and growth trends and new project information.
• Setting up and maintaining any and all necessary land files.
• Visit land sites and sales office to retrieve sales information on comparable projects.
• Assist Controller with project cost analysis.
• Other accounting duties or supervision of duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in Business, Accounting or Finance or related field required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, required
• Strong understanding of Real Estate markets, trends and products required
• Expert skills in Excel preferred
• Strong real estate financial model and analysis experience
• 1 to 3 years of experience with significant accounting responsibilities with real estate underwriting experience preferred
• Experienced in business writing
• Public accounting experience in auditing or tax a plus
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and interact with various levels of staff acting as a liaison with other departments to obtain information and follow up on outstanding issues to ensure tasks is completed timely.
• Ability to handle priorities under pressure
• Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with a strong sense of urgency
• Strong work ethic, team player
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is routinely required to: sit, walk, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, stretch and use hands to; finger, handle, and feel. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close visions, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires the ability to work under deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to typical office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional travel is required.
TIME AND ATTENDANCE:
This position requires punctuality and consistent attendance.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO APPLY NOW!