LAND ACQUISITION/FORWARD PLANNING ANALYST
Land Acquisitions/Forward Planning Analyst
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: EVP-Finance/Controller and VP of Finance
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Provide a broad range of financial analysis and research to support the finance team to evaluate potential land acquisitions.
• Conduct comprehensive underwriting and due diligence procedures on prospective real estate acquisition opportunities.
• Prepare accurate financial models, projections, and analysis on prospective property acquisitions including property operational underwriting and return on investment modeling.
• Utilize or enhance existing Excel acquisition-underwriting templates and maintain other financial and analytical models
• Review, analyze, and comprehend, a variety of real estate documents.
• Assist with the preparation of investment packages.
• Utilize a variety of database and marketing tools and systems to determine land feasibility and development potential.
• Research and analyze off-market land opportunities.
• Research ownership information, prepare all initial analysis, and make all necessary contacts to initialize negotiations to purchase land.
• Scan mapping systems for vacant undeveloped land and research and review land that is underutilized and can potentially be re-zoned for residential use.
• Maintain a database of all land opportunities.
• Update and analyze basic pro-formas, budgets, and market data to determine potential and feasibility.
• Research and analyze basic sub-market demographics and growth trends and new project information.
• Setting up and maintaining any and all necessary land files.
• Visit land sites and sales offices to retrieve sales information on comparable projects.
• Assist Controller with project cost analysis.
• Other accounting duties or supervision of duties as assigned.
BA/BS in Business, Accounting or Finance or related field required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, required
Strong understanding of Real Estate markets, trends and products required
Expert skills in Excel preferred
Strong real estate financial model and analysis experience
1 to 3 years of experience with significant accounting responsibilities with real estate underwriting experience preferred
Experienced in business writing
Public accounting experience in auditing or tax a plus
Analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate and interact with various levels of staff acting as a liaison with other departments to obtain information and follow up on outstanding issues to ensure tasks is completed timely.
Ability to handle priorities under pressure
Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with a strong sense of urgency
Strong work ethic, team player
A complete job description is available upon request.SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO APPLY NOW!